Noise Complaints

City of Ceres does enforce noise ordinances. If you plan to have an outside party and use a sound system, the police department suggests you:

  • Contact all of your neighbors who may be within hearing distance of the sound system and advise them of what you are planning to do
  • Lower the volume

Even if you do this, if they feel they are being disturbed by the noise generated from your sound system, they may make a complaint and it is their right to do so.  The City of Ceres does not issue loud noise or party permits.  Loud noise violations are enforced more diligently after 10:00 P.M. and before 7:00 A.M.

More Topics for Police
Return to all Topics

Powered by Government Outreach