Paratransit is a door-to-door transportation service for people who are unable to use other forms of public transportation (such as the regular bus or BART) because of a medical condition or disability.
The Hayward Paratransit Program is funded by Alameda County Measure B 1/2 Cent Sales Tax, administered by the Alameda County Transportation Commission (Alameda CTC).
To be eligible for Hayward Paratransit Program services, applicants must:
- East Bay Paratransit (operated by AC Transit and BART) is the primary paratransit service for Alameda County residents. Call 510-287-5000 or 1-800-555-8085 for more information.
- The Hayward Paratransit Program complements and supplements the East Bay Paratransit service when it is unable to provide service. Priority is given to those who need pre-scheduled medical trips to and from the doctor or dentist, the pharmacy, dialysis and radiology treatments, and to therapy appointments.
For more information, please call Paratransit Program at 510-583-4230
- Be a resident of the City of Hayward, Castro Valley, San Lorenzo, or the unincorporated areas of San Leandro; and
- Be at least eighteen (18) years old; and
- Be unable to drive or use other public transportation (such as the bus or BART) independently due to a medical or disabling condition.
Registered riders may call 510-895-9911, extension 4 to schedule rides. Rides are provided as capacity allows.
Accessible Transit in Alameda County
East Bay Paratransit
East Bay Paratransit Application
Taxi Voucher Order Form
Hayward Paratransit Flyer
Hayward Paratransit Flyer – SPANISH
Hayward Paratransit Application
Hayward Paratransit Application - SPANISH
Hayward Paratransit Rider's Guide
Hayward Paratransit Rider's Guide - SPANISH