Abandoned vehicle on street

Information on Junk or Abandoned Vehicles:

On your property:

Contact any authorized tow company and request they impound the junked or abandoned vehicle from your property. (It might cost you.)

On public right-of-way:

For abandoned vehicles on the street or blocking the alley, call Longview Police Department at 360.442-5800 and request that the abandoned vehicle be tagged for removal. Please be aware that the "time clock" for ticketing and/or towing starts when the officer responds.

Nuisance abatement:

When this department is notified of a junked or abandoned vehicle on private property, the owner of the property is sent a notice to remove the vehicle within 14 days. If no progress is made within the 14-day limit, a $500 fine can be given to the owner and/or tenant.

Make a Service Request for Abandoned vehicle on street
More Topics for Maintaining a Safe/Attractive Community
Return to all Topics