Traffic Tickets - Payment or Hearings

You can pay your ticket in person or by mail at the Mountlake Terrace Police Department, 5906 232nd St SW, Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043. Our office is open Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM. Acceptable forms of payment are Cash, Check, Money Orders or Visa/Mastercard Debit or Credit cards. 


If you are unable to come in during regular business hours you can leave your payment (check or money order) in the "Violations Payment Drop Box" located outside our lobby doors.


If you would like to request a hearing, your request must be received fifteen (15) days from the date of issue. You may request a hearing by submitting your copy of the ticket with one of the options listed on the front checked off. You must submit the a request for hearing by mail or in person. You may not request a hearing via MLT Anytime or by email. If you need an interpreter, please indicate what language you need. 


If your request for a hearing is not within the fifteen (15) days, it will be considered a "Failure To Appear" and a hearings request will no longer be an option. You will need to pay the infraction in full at the Police Department as long as it has not been transferred to the court. If it has already been transferred you will need to contact South District Court at 20520 68th Ave W, Lynnwood, WA or (425) 774-8803.


*Please note a $52.00 fee will be added to the existing fine and the process to suspend your drivers license will be initiated. *


If your license has already been suspended for any unpaid tickets issued you in the City of Mountlake Terrace, you will need to contact South District Court to inquire about your options in resolving that matter.


For general information about traffic fines; you have lost your copy of your ticket, you are from out of state, etc., you will need to contact the Snohomish County District Courts directly. 

Make a Service Request for Traffic Tickets - Payment or Hearings
More Topics for Police
Return to all Topics