eService - Since You Asked

We received hundreds of questions each month via this service. That's what makes this service so great - it's simple, fast, and effective.

All you have to do is enter your keywords or question in the space below, and our system will generate an answer if we've previously provided a response on the topic. If you are asking an original question, we'll get back to you quickly with a response via email.

You can even search a variety of topics below, to see if your question has already been answered. And our top 10 most requested topics of the month will always be available, so you can regularly check in and see what's of importance to Santa Clarita residents.

Street Lighting

Southern California Edison (SCE) owns and maintains 99 percent of streetlights in the City. Exceptions: Streetlights attached to traffic signals and bridge lights are owned by the City.

SCE-owned streetlights are on light sensors. They come on by night and go off by day light.

  • If a light is flickering, dim, burned out, or stays on during the day, it should be reported to SCE.

  • Once the light is reported, SCE will perform a site visit in 1 - 10 days.

PLEASE NOTE: Standard repairs are made within 1 - 10 days. Non-standard repairs can take several weeks, or longer, depending on the backlog. SCE will tape a note to the pole indicating the problem and estimated time for repair. 

Residents may report streetlight issues directly to SCE:

  • By calling (800) 611-1911 or;

  • Online at by choosing “Report a Streetlight Outage”.

Residents may complete a service request (below) to have the City report the streetlight issue on their behalf.

Make a Service Request for Street Lighting
More Topics for Public Works, Streets and Sidewalks
Return to all Topics