Abandoned or Inoperable Vehicle - on Private Property

The City of Stockton Municipal Code requires an inoperable or unregistered vehicle be placed out of public view and/or in an enclosed structure. 

If an inoperable, unregistered vehicle is observed by a Code Enforcement Officer, it may be cited as a violation of the Municipal Code.  


If a notice is received and the vehicle is operable, please contact the Officer who identified the citation or contact the City's Police Department Neighborhood Services Division at (209) 937-8813.


To report an abandoned or inoperable vehicle on private property, please fill out the service request below. 

Provide the license plate number (if available) and vehicle description (make, model, and color). 

Make a Service Request for Abandoned or Inoperable Vehicle - on Private Property
More Topics for Abandoned/Inoperable Vehicles
Return to all Topics