Service Requests

View Service Request FAQ's

Claims Against City

Claims against the City of Huntington Beach are for damages to persons or personal property.  To file a liability claim against the City, complete a form entitled Official Claim Against the City of Huntington Beach.  Claims must be filed with the City Clerk of the City of Huntington Beach within six (6) months after the incident or event occurred.  Be sure the claim is against the City of Huntington Beach, and not another public entity.  A claim should be accompanied by any and all relevant supporting documents, e.g. photos, receipts, etc.  Completed forms must be mailed or delivered in person to:

City of Huntington Beach

City Clerk - 2nd Floor

2000 Main Street (P.O. Box 190)

Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Copies or faxes cannot be accepted as original documents and signatures are required.  The City Clerk's Office accepts claims on behalf of the City but the Risk Management Department actually processes the claim.

More Topics for City Information - General
Return to all Topics
Services Home
Animal Control
Business Services
Community Safety
Documents & Records
Forms & Applications
Housing & Human Services
Library Services
News & Media
Online Services
Payment Services
Planning and Construction
Recreation Parks & Culture
Service Request
Senior Services
Traffic Streets & Parking
Trash Waste & Recycling
Water & Sewage
Back to Top  up-arrow