Ask Arvada

Depositing Substances in City Drains

Ask Arvada logo

It is unlawful for any person to discharge any substance other than naturally occurring stormwater runoff into the City's storm drainage system,
street or gutter.  Substances include but are not limited to dirt, mud, landscape materials, hazardous substances such as but not limited to oil
products or gasoline, paint, concrete, or any type of cleaning waste or residue. Only naturally occurring stormwater runoff can be discharged into the city's storm drainage system, with the following exceptions: return flows from irrigation, water from building foundation drainage, runoff from noncommercial car washing, de-chlorinated water from swimming pools or water mains, water used for firefighting, discharges of water from ditches and canals as necessary to protect public drinking water supplies, and other waters determined by the city to be uncontaminated and acceptable for return to the storm drainage system and stream system. To ask a question or make a request on this topic, please submit a service request or call the Stormwater Section at 720-898-7807.

You may also submit a service request for this item in the 'Make a Service Request' area below.

Look for other Answers
Didn't Find the Answer to Your Question?